The Pace Software API uses standard HTTP status codes to indicate the success or failure of an API request. In case of an error, the API will return an appropriate status code along with a JSON object containing additional information about the error.
In this section, we provide an overview of the common error codes returned by the Pace Software API and a brief description of each error. For processor-specific errors, we also list some of the common error codes and messages from each of the processors.
- 400 Bad Request: The request is malformed or contains invalid data. Check the request syntax and data for correctness.
- 401 Unauthorized: The request lacks proper authentication. Make sure you include a valid API key in the
x-api-keyheader of your request.
- 403 Forbidden: You don't have permission to access the requested resource or perform the requested action. Check your user role and permissions.
- 404 Not Found: The requested resource could not be found. Check the endpoint URL and resource identifier for correctness.
- 409 Conflict: The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource. This typically occurs when trying to create a resource that already exists or updating a resource with stale data.
- 429 Too Many Requests: You have exceeded the API rate limit. Please wait for some time before making additional requests.
While each payment processor may have its own set of error codes, here are some common error codes and messages you might encounter:
000: Successful transaction
001: Refer to card issuer
002: Refer to card issuer, special condition
01: Refer to card issuer
02: Refer to card issuer
01: Call issuer
02: Call issuer
For a comprehensive list of processor-specific error codes and messages, please refer to the respective processor's documentation.
When building your application or integration, ensure that you handle errors gracefully, informing the user of the issue and providing guidance on how to resolve it. Make sure to log errors for further analysis and troubleshooting.
In case you encounter any unexpected errors or need further assistance, please refer to the "Community and Support" section of this documentation for support options and resources.